Step 5: Cleaning and Sanitizing
Making Your Water Damaged Shreveport Home Clean and Sanitized Again
Homeowners in Shreveport are always happy to see the water from the leak gone and the dampness and high indoor humidity along with it. The expert work of our IICRC Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification trained technicians is illustrated in the final result. But, what is that foul smell that is lingering?
Water Is the Bearer of Foul Odors
Stagnated water left pooling on a carpet for several days can permeate the affected rooms with an unpleasant odor. SERVPRO's OCT odor control technicians have the answers:
• Air scrubbers outfitted with HEPA and charcoal odor-killing filters
• Hydroxyl generators that safely produce molecules to pair with offensive compounds
• ULV ultra-light volume foggers for circulating into hard to reach areas to neutralize pungent odors
Products Formulated for a Clean and Sanitized Finish
• Products such as deodorizing beads placed in confined spaces like closets and attic crawl spaces can mask and perhaps remove that lingering odor
• Specially formulated cleaning agents for cleaning upholstery and furniture
• An assortment of biocides and antimicrobial products to reach food-grade levels of sanitation
Many Shreveport property owners are amazed at the steps we go through to preserve their cherished possession--the roof over their heads. We always try to minimize tear-outs and toss-outs. We work with you and any applicable insurance adjusters or agencies to remain within cleanup and restoration guides, keeping your complete satisfaction is our primary goal.
SERVPRO of South Shreveport specializes in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. Learn more about Contents Restoration.
- Dry Cleaning
- Wet Cleaning
- Spray and Wipe
- Foam Cleaning
- Abrasive Cleaning
- Immersion Cleaning
Odor Removal and Deodorization
We are trained to identify and eliminate offensive odors. Our technical expertise and industrial grade air scrubbers and fogging equipment go well beyond simply masking odors and other shortcuts that don’t work when your odor problem is serious or persistent.
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
- Air Scrubbers and Fogging Equipment
Depending on the scenario, we may use antimicrobial, antibacterial, or disinfectant treatments to clean your property.
- Antimicrobial and Antibacterial Treatments
- Sanitizing and Disinfectant Treatments
We will remove and dispose of damaged materials with guidance from you and your insurance adjuster.
- Properly Dispose of Refuse