Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Volatile organic compounds that can lead to health effects can often be enough of a reason for Shreveport homeowners and business owners to act quickly when a mold colonization gets discovered.
Mold growth can also damage structural elements and degrade construction materials and contents, causing irreparable damages. With how quickly the organisms can spread throughout an affected area, containment strategies like our SERVPRO of South Shreveport team employs are critical to protecting your property.
Containment in Shreveport:
• 6-mil poly sheeting secured with painter's tape, and tension poles when and where needed
• staging area also separated from clean areas of the structure to prevent cross-contamination
• air scrubbers, with HEPA filtration systems using negative air pressure to prevent the airborne circulation of spores and particles
• seal HVAC systems including return registers during the remediation
With many IICRC-Certified Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT) on our team, we bring knowledge and confidence to move quickly where mold is found. We are also certified with ABRA for biohazardous control of unwholesome environments.
We have abrasive media cleaning techniques
• soda blasting
• dry ice blasting
• scrapers and fine sandpaper
Our inventory includes antimicrobial sprays, biocides, and fungicides for application to prevent the future growth of mold after the service has been completed.
We offer controlled demolition techniques that can remove the presence of mold colonies quickly and efficiently. With a 24/7 response from Stonewall to downtown Shreveport, our AMRTs can get effective mitigation and remediation started quickly for your home or business.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (318) 865-4655
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of South Shreveport?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (318) 865-4655
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of South Shreveport is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property.
If a catastrophic storm or event occurs, we can call upon the resources of a national network of over 2070 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.