DIY Mold Mitigation?
It only takes 24-48 hours of dampness to create a mold outbreak.
The humidity in Shreveport puts residents at risk for mold growth and damage to their homes. If excess moisture is able to collect or saturate structural components, it can lead to serious problems for the homeowner. Even those who regularly clean and are proactive about preventing mold can still miss a microbial threat.
It only takes 24 to 48 hours of dampness to create a mold outbreak. If a water event moistens areas of your home and you do not remove the moisture, expect mold. A weekend away is enough time for spores to spread if an open window lets in rain or if a pet knocks over a water bowl.
While removing water and drying out surfaces quickly can help prevent a mold outbreak, water damage can be tricky for a homeowner to manage if it reaches behind walls or occurs in low traffic areas of your home. When a mold outbreak does occur, trying to clean it up yourself can lead to even more problems. When bleach is used to attempt to remediate an infestation, it will not kill the mold but will only lighten the staining. Common household bleach is primarily water and will soak into the affected area and feed the mold rather than killing it.
Professional mold remediators have the training and job experience to meet the challenges mold damage brings. SERVPRO® mold remediation crews rely on a range of techniques and products to remove mold colonies. Some of these include EPA registered antimicrobial agents, scrubbing and scraping techniques, and soda blasting to restore porous surfaces.
Trying to remove or mitigate mold on your own generally only makes the problem worse. Making mold a problem best left to the experts. If you suspect or are experiencing a mold problem, SERVPRO® of South Shreveport is poised to remediate any size mold damage outbreak in your home. Contact our experts at (318) 865-4655 for a mold abatement plan that clears away the current mold with an eye on eliminating the moisture mold must have to reproduce and multiply.
How to Stay Safe During a Flood
Flooding from a 2010 storm. Photo: FEMA
Homeowners in Louisiana face an especially high risk of flooding. These are especially common during hurricane season, but can also be caused by unusual or severe weather patterns.
If you have experienced flooding in your home, it is important to conduct a list of safety checks before reentering your home. The Department of Housing and Urban Development has produced an in-depth document outlining these safety steps. Some important steps from this list include:
- Checking the roof for dips or weak spots
- Checking external walls to determine if they are no longer plumb
- Conducting an external inspection of the foundation to determine if there is any damage
- Ensuring that electricity and gas have been completely shut off
Inside of the house, some additional hazards may be present, some of these may include:
- Contaminated flood water may have left dangerous contaminants behind or dangerous debris.
- Mold may have developed in your home, crawl spaces, or attics. Certain species of mold may cause serious health risks to you and your family.
- Older homes also run the risk of lead or asbestos contamination.
The desire to check on your home and get back to normal after a flood or major water damage disaster is completely natural, but even a few minutes inside could lead to serious risks to your health. At SERVPRO® of South Shreveport, we provide emergency water disaster services for Shreveport, Bossier City, Northwest Louisiana and Northeast Texas. Our mitigation specialists have extensive training for safely entering these types of dangerous environments and for getting the remediation process started. It is our hope you never have to experience a water damage disaster, but if you do, we are a phone call away at (318) 865-4655 and are always here to help.
Fire Restoration Assistance for Shreveport Homes
Call SERVPRO of South Shreveport when your home has soot and fire damage. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Fire Damage at Your Shreveport Home Is Not the End
You may have your life organized in an apple pie order, but a fire at your home can ruin everything. Apart from messing with your daily schedules, it can limit your home's utility until the fire restoration is complete. SERVPRO can help fast-track restoration tasks such as cleaning, repairing, and deodorizing your Shreveport property.
Life has to go on as the professional team tackles fire restoration at your Shreveport home. However, your home may not be in shape to host many of your regular activities, whether preparing your meals, personal grooming, or entertainment. However, if you are open to venturing out, there are unlimited offers within Shreveport to serve you.
As the SERVPRO team removes soot and tears down burnt drywall, you can give yourself a makeover at any of the local spas and beauty parlors dotting Shreveport, including:
- Spa Concepts Salon & Spa on Ashley Ridge Boulevard offers haircuts, massages, facials, and more
- Nails Palace on Jewella Avenue specializes in nail grooming through acrylic nails, manicures, and pedicures
- Planet Beach on Youree Drive offers facials, spray tanning, and teeth whitening
- The Woodhouse Day Spa on Line Avenue provides body treatments, massage therapy, and facials.
In the same way, your house requires work from the inside and outside; you may want to revamp the body from the inside. You can try different eateries and entertainment joints within Shreveport to enjoy memorable meals or other activities.
Eateries and Entertainment Facilities
- Superior's Steakhouse on Pierremont Road is a fine dining restaurant where you can enjoy seafood or steak.
- Ki' Mexico on Gilbert Drive is a casual restaurant where you can enjoy authentic Mexican dishes.
- If you appreciate independent, foreign, and classic films, you can try The Robinson Film Center on Texas Street.
- Shreveport Aquarium on Clyde Fant Parkway features marine life exhibits and interactive experiences that you can try.
SERVPRO of South Shreveport handles all fire restoration-related issues - call (318) 865-4655 for assistance.
Water Damage Restoration for the Greater Shreveport Area
Regardless of the water damage incident at your Shreveport property, know that SERVPRO of South Shreveport is only a call away.
Reach Out to SERVPRO for Water Damage Cleanup
Shreveport is a bustling metropolitan area ranking third in terms of the highest population in Louisiana. Initially founded in 1836 by Shreve Town Company, this area has thriving businesses, unique restaurants, and exciting sightseeing opportunities. There is something in the city to see and do for everyone, which is why many people relocate here for work or raising a family. SERVPRO wants all property owners to know that we are the number one choice in the area for all your water damage remediation and restoration needs.
Along with being a trusted name for water damage restoration in Shreveport, SERVPRO is known for its prompt response and disaster recovery. Whether you have flooding from a tropical storm or a burst pipe in your home, you can count on us to be at your door ready to work within hours. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Must-see attractions and eateries in the Shreveport area:
- The Shreveport Aquarium – This popular attraction is home to thousands of animals, and you will find it nestled along the downtown riverfront. You can explore the touch tanks, check out shipwreck replicas, and learn all about the ocean, sea life, and conservation efforts.
- Herby K’s – When it is time to grab a bite, Herby K’s is a must. This historic and oldest restaurant in the city has become a popular rite of passage for locals and visitors alike. Sample popular items on the menu, such as the Shrimp Buster po’boy, piled high with butterflied fried shrimp and the famous Shrimp Buster sauce.
- Shreveport Festivals – Depending on the time of year in the city, you will find a host of unique festivals and immersive gatherings. The CORK Wine Festival is perfect for sampling dozens of wines from across the globe, or the Mudbug Madness Festival is all about the love of crawfish – a Louisiana staple.
Regardless of the water damage incident at your Shreveport property, know that SERVPRO of South Shreveport is only a call away. Reach us at (318) 865-4655; we can send restoration technicians as soon as possible.
Why Shreveport Properties Need Skilled Mold Removal
Once mold damage is noticed, there is no going back. With one call to SERVPRO, you can get an assessment and remediation services.
SERVPRO Features Mold Remediation Experts for Results
Homeowners often make a series of mistakes when they notice mold development or musty odors in their Shreveport property. Not only is it detrimental to hold off on cleanup, but it is also harmful to dive in using over-the-counter products and DIY methods. Whether you suspect mold under your kitchen cabinets, in your bathroom, or in another area of your home, you must have professionals to tackle safe, efficient mold remediation. SERVPRO features IICRC-certified technicians to help you ensure you get the results you need to avoid hazards and costly secondary damage.
Why is SERVPRO the answer when you need professional mold cleanup in Shreveport? Because we use proven methods, follow enhanced safety protocols, and bring all the best equipment to each project. Our inspection and cleanup efforts are all about generating results. We also work to correct the cause of the mold problem to help prevent it from returning.
The SERVPRO mold remediation advantage
- Mold Testing – Several factors may lead to microbial growth from your HVAC system, improper ventilation, or a hidden pipe leak. The source must get addressed so all colonization areas can be thoroughly sanitized and deodorized. We can facilitate mold testing to have samples further evaluated at a lab.
- Mold Cleanup – Our technicians have access to a broad range of technology, including air scrubbers with HEPA filtration and vacuums to pull up surface spores. Everything is done with containment barriers and negative pressure systems to keep spores from becoming airborne and moving into unaffected areas.
- Thorough Cleaning – Your home deserves to be Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, so we do so with powerful cleaning agents and proven odor control methods. Our crew removes bacteria, sanitizes all surfaces, and eliminates musty odors.
No Shreveport homeowner should leave mold remediation to chance. Contact SERVPRO of South Shreveport by requesting help online or by calling (318) 865-4655. We will send a crew out to begin inspection and cleanup services as soon as possible to make your property “Like it never even happened.”
Deal with Water Damage Fast for Best Results in Shreveport
SERVPRO utilizes advanced equipment to ensure your water damaged Shreveport home has been thoroughly dried.
Shreveport Properties Recovery Faster with SERVPRO’s Water Damage Help!
Nobody wants to encounter water emergencies, including both homeowners and businesses alike. However, they can develop at any time and usually without warning. Preparation is critical if you want to get your Shreveport property back to normal as quickly as possible. This is why you should always have the name of a trusted water restoration team handy to have the help you need in a pinch. SERVPRO is Faster to Any Size Disaster, available 24/7, and we feature skilled IICRC-certified technicians to handle your water removal services and damage restoration needs!
Hiring professional cleanup and water damage restoration in Shreveport gets you results faster than any DIY methods ever can provide. Our team is up-to-date on all the latest industry technology and techniques in the restorations field. You will also see us pulling up with our Green Fleet of vehicles stocked with everything necessary to help you make your property “Like it never even happened."
Let Us Get Started on Water Removal Services
We have the capability and scalability to ensure small and large water extractions get done in a timely manner. You can count on us to come in and handle saturated carpeting, standing water left from floodwaters, or take care of moisture left after a major appliance malfunction. We begin water mitigation as soon as we can upon arrival to keep water from migrating into unaffected areas of your property. We do this with the help of equipment like:
- Wet vacuums
- Submersible pumps
- Gas-powered pumps
- Truck-mounted extractors
- Portable extraction units
- Carpet wands
We Handle Drying and Dehumidification in Tandem with Water Removal
Drying and dehumidification are critical elements in any water-related restoration project we perform here at SERVPRO. Proper drying efforts matched with dehumidification bring relative humidity (RH) back to normal. We have powerful air movers and industrial-grade dehumidifiers that remove the remaining moisture from ceilings, flooring, walls, and even harder-to-reach areas. We bring:
- Axial fans
- Air movers
- Drying mats
- Desiccant dehumidifiers
What About Odor Control?
We have a well-rounded team of industry professionals to handle each aspect of your water damage project. This includes Odor Control Technicians (OCT) to ensure no lingering odors get left after water extraction and drying wraps up. Water and fire-related incidents are known for pungent or musty odors that must be handled, so there is no reminder of the emergency. Our equipment and proven methods ensure your interior gets left smelling clean so you and your family can breathe easy again, including:
- Air scrubbers with powerful HEPA filters
- Thermal foggers
- Ultra-low volume (ULV) foggers
- Odor counteractant granules or beads
- EPA-registered cleaning and deodorizing agents
Why is Cleaning, Sanitizing, and Deodorizing Necessary?
Whenever standing water or moisture has been festering, there is the potential for contamination and bacterial growth. SERVPRO features a variety of cleaning agents and antimicrobial products in our arsenal that allow us to clean as we go, ensuring surfaces are free of contaminants. Everything gets a detailed cleaning, so all impacted areas of your home or business are safe once again for all that enter. This is our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned seal of approval!
No matter the incident, whether you have a dishwasher that breaks and sends water under your cabinetry, flooring, etc., or something else, you will have to deal with an insurance claim. Rather than dealing with all the paperwork, we can help! SERVPRO is your insurance liaison to ensure all documentation is in order.
Call SERVPRO of South Shreveport whenever you require assistance with water damage. Reach us 24/7 by dialing (318) 865-4655!
Trusted Fire Damage Cleanup for Shreveport Homes and Businesses
You can depend on our SERVPRO teams to cleanup and restore your Shreveport property and personal belongings after fire damage.
SERVPRO is Fast to Help Shreveport Residents Dealing with Fire Damage
Fire tragedies strike every few minutes across the United States, so it is no wonder that many Shreveport residents worry it will happen to them. In the unfortunate event your home or business experiences a fire, you need to work on rebuilding as soon as possible. The sense of loss and confusion you may feel amplifies when you realize that the damage can worsen the longer you wait to address the charred debris, soot, and water left behind. SERVPRO wants residents and business owners in the area to know we are the team to call for all fire emergency restorations so that you can get back on your feet again!
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
Regardless of the time of day, if the fire occurs during a holiday or weekend, we can have a team at your door within hours to help with fire damage in Shreveport. We consider the need for smoke remediation with the types of soot deposits and residue present. It is also imperative to go over the level of charring, the condition of contents, and the safety of all structural elements. All efforts help us to restore everything to preloss condition so that you can enjoy your daily life without lingering reminders of the emergency.
What Does Controlled Demolition Mean with House Fire Cleanup?
Something to know about SERVPRO is that we always act fast and work on a restore versus replace level whenever possible. In many situations, we can use our industrial cleaning equipment, specialized methods, and cleaning protocols to return smoke-damaged and soiled materials and items to a like-new condition once again.
With many fire events, building materials like drywall, paneling, flooring, subfloor, carpets, and other materials will call for total replacement. Controlled demolition allows us to pinpoint areas for restoration so that we can salvage as much as possible to save money overall. Using trusted contractors in the area, we ensure all areas get reconstructed and finished off to look “Like it never even happened.” Some of the steps our crew may take include:
- Sealant application and painting
- Tile, hardwood, linoleum, and marble floor repair
- Carpet cleaning or replacement
- Drywall removal and replacement
- HVAC cleaning and sealant application
- Furniture restoration and more!
We Streamline All Processes to Get You the Results You Need Fast!
Once you have a fire in your home or business, give us a call to talk with our customer care team. We go over the details of the fire and your property and gather other information to begin your project. A team gets dispatched to your door, where our crew chief assesses and inspects all areas to determine the level of charring, structural integrity, and all equipment necessary to execute fire restoration. If needed, we also have staging equipment and alternative power available should electricity be an issue after the fire.
- To protect the interior from the elements, board up, and tarping help cover windows, doors, damaged roofing, and other holes in the building.
- Our water removal services address any standing water or chemicals from fire-fighting efforts.
- Our fire and smoke restoration technicians determine the salvageability of contents and personal belongings. Everything gets separated for cleaning or disposal, with some items getting inventoried and packed up for safe storage until restoration is complete.
Contact SERVPRO of South Shreveport by dialing (318) 865-4655 or request help 24-hours a day online. We are here for emergency water and fire damage restoration to get the results you deserve!
Mold Damage is No Match for Professional Methods in Shreveport
Our skilled technicians have the expertise and state-of-the-art equipment to get your Shreveport home back in order after mold damage.
SERVPRO Performs Skilled Mold Damage Cleanup for Shreveport Properties
It is never a fun experience to find mold growing anywhere in your Shreveport home or business. To keep it from colonizing and spreading further, you need quick action and careful methods for the best results. While there are countless types of mold, you need to know that some are more harmful than others. Mold is everywhere, but you never want it within your living or workspace. Should you suspect black mold growth in your home, you can contact SERVPRO for skilled mold remediation to handle it safely and effectively.
Why not just clean up the mold damage in your Shreveport home yourself? Because trained professionals know how mold develops and the right way to safely clean it so that all parties involved are protected. Let’s go over how mold grows:
- Tiny mold spores move through the air, floating around dormant as they look for the ideal conditions to settle and colonize.
- The perfect conditions for mold growth include moist, dark, and warm spaces with organic substances to feed on – drywall, paper goods, carpeting, and more.
- Excessive moisture, humid conditions, and water damage within your home can spell disaster if not remedied fast. This leaves areas like attics, crawlspaces, flooring, and cabinetry susceptible to mold growth.
Why Should a Business Use Professional Mold Cleanup Versus In-house Cleaning Personnel?
Any business wants to create a comfortable, safe establishment for clients, customers, and staff. Hiring mold remediation ensures you get the right level of cleaning to rest assured all who enter can breathe safely. We never claim to remove mold altogether, which is impossible to do. Instead, we meticulously clean all surfaces, pulling up spores safely to keep them from spreading and sanitizing everything – Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Mold Infestation and Your Home’s Property Value
If you are hoping to put your home on the market in the future, the last thing you want is mold to pop up during an inspection or potential buyer walkthrough. Even the slightest bit of mold can multiply into something more involved, thus impacting your property value. Additionally, the smell of mold is enough to turn buyers around before they even finish the viewing or open house.
Should you suspect mold is present in your home, look for some of the following signs and then call us at SERVPRO:
- Dark spots developing on the ceiling, floors, and/or walls
- Visible mold spores or clusters
- Musty, damp, or foul odors
- Wallpaper or paint that is peeling with dark spots beneath
The sooner you have our team at your door to begin mold remediation, the quicker we can prevent a significant infestation from developing. We may be able to salvage furnishings, floorboards, drywall, and other elements that have been impacted by mold. For all materials beyond cleaning and repair, we can perform controlled demolition to remove and replace to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Our SERVPRO technicians know how to spot mold, which we look for with our initial inspection and assessment of your property. We put on personal protective equipment (PPE) and put containment barriers in place to keep spores from floating through the air or getting tracked into unimpacted areas of your building. We use vacuums and techniques to pull up spores while cleaning all surfaces thoroughly with antimicrobials and other cleaning agents. Everything gets sanitized and deodorized so that you can rest assured your family and pets are free to enter once again after we get done.
Mold damage is no match for our highly-trained technicians at SERVPRO of South Shreveport. Give us a call to set up your mold remediation project by dialing (318) 865-4655.
Shreveport Water Damage Restoration Firm Dedicated to Serving You
SERVPRO provides safe and secure water damage restoration for your Shreveport home.
Attentive Water Damage Restoration in Shreveport
Cleaning up after a water event in Shreveport can prove to be tricky. Not only does it involve removing water and repairing damage, but it also entails effectively dealing with homeowners and residents. Technicians must also always remain mindful of the safety and comfort of those they work around when dealing with water leaks and other water-related issues.
Good Shreveport water damage restoration firms, like SERVPRO, are attentive to customer needs and dedicated to helping them understand what is being done. Once on-site, our skilled technicians endeavor to make those living in the home feel comfortable, safe, and able to go about their lives as normally as possible. To accomplish these goals, SERVPRO’s water damage remediation experts:
- First, introduce ourselves to residents and give them a business card, Water Customer Information Brochure, and an informative water damage form
- Next, listen to any concerns, review overall scoping and drying plans with the homeowner, follow them to areas impacted by issues like ceiling leaks, burst pipes, and basement flooding, ask their permission to start scoping, and allow them to watch as things in need of water damage repairs are found.
- Then, carefully explain how we plan to fix found water-related problems
- Consider potential safety risks, inform residents and workers of these, provide those in the home with Material Safety Data Sheets for all substances used, and attempt to limit everyone’s exposure to dangerous environments and materials
- Ensure, before work begins, that ceilings and floors are not in danger of collapsing and electrical shock hazards have been eliminated
After this preliminary work has been completed, we are able to start returning your home to its pre-leak condition.
Your neighbors at SERVPRO of South Shreveport are dedicated to doing water damage restoration right. So, if your residence ever suffers the effects of a water event, don’t hesitate to call us at (318) 865-4655 for help.
Immediate Commercial Water Removal Services Can Restore Your Shreveport Business
SERVPRO strives to restore and not replace commercial water damaged structures and elements in Shreveport area arenas and facilities.
Work with SERVPRO for Fast Commercial Water Cleanup Services in Shreveport
Due to rainwater pushing through the exterior door seals, commercial water removal services may be needed when a sports arena floods. Gymnasium hardwood floors are expensive features, and we strive to preserve them. Apart from causing structural damage to the facility, such an incident may cause the scheduled events and games to be canceled. You need the help of an experienced water damage restoration company to restore the property to its earlier state.
Our SERVPRO team uses powerful truck-mounted and portable pumps to extract moisture from the water-damaged Shreveport property. We often "tent" the affected floorboards and use negative pressure to extract moisture from the tongue and groove boards. Once we have made sure there is no standing water in the locker rooms and other areas, the next thing we do is to examine the wet insulation, vinyl base, and drywall. If they have suffered severe damage, we use the following tools to remove them:
· Flood cutter: It is a specialized tool that uses rotary cutting motion to remove wet insulation and drywall.
· Demolition hammer: Our SERVPRO technicians use this tool to remove and break up damaged vinyl base, drywall, and insulation.
· Pry bar and Sledgehammer: We use the two tools to manually remove the damaged vinyl base, insulation, and drywall.
· Flooring removal tool: The expedite the demolition stage during the water damage restoration process.
The unsalvageable wet materials can be a harbor for mold and bacteria. It is one of the reasons we remove them quickly and then apply an anti-microbial solution to the affected surfaces to prevent mold growth. At this point, we can set up drying equipment like air movers, air scrubbers, and dehumidifiers to remove any remaining moisture from the building.
During the entire duration of the water mitigation project, our SERVPRO team is always in constant communication with all the concerned parties. For instance, we share frequent updates with your insurance adjuster and any personnel you have assigned to monitor the work.
Make SERVPRO of South Shreveport your number-one service provider when you need commercial water removal services. Call (318) 865-4655 to talk to our IICRC-certified team anytime - We're Faster to Any Size Disaster.