Your Belongings and Storm Damage
Storms Damage Your Shreveport Belongings
Everyone who lives in the Shreveport area has probably been victimized by some degree to a weather incident that has damaged their property or possessions. Many storms produce copious amounts of water either through rain, overflowing the Red River banks, or groundwater with no other place to go, but your property.
But How About Your Personal Belongings?
Homeowners and tenants have something in common when contaminated, and muddy water enters their dwelling. Typically, the water recedes before SERVPRO of South Shreveport arrives to put the place back in order. Our Large Loss Recovery Team (LLRT), one of not many SERVPRO franchises, is qualified and equipped to deal with cleanup and restoration, working hard to make your property whole again--"Like it never even happened."
We also strive to preserve your possessions:
• Clothing can become soiled, contaminated by water and mold in a short time
• Children's toys, including Teddy, are lost forever?
• Family photo albums, irreplaceable if not digitized
• Heirlooms passed down through the generations
• Electronic computer, cell phones, tablets
• And the list goes on and on
But, Not to Despair!
Our team of SERVPRO technicians, certified by the IICRC Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification, the global guide for restoration protocols, can help. We are further educated with in-house programs to overcome all challenging storm damage situations. Our goal for Shreveport residents is to salvage their treasures whenever possible.
Advanced equipment, cleaning products, and the will to help set us apart.
If You Have Questions or Need Help, Call Us Today – (318) 865-4655
SERVPRO of South Shreveport specializes in restoring contents damaged by storms and other water damage events. Our expertise and our “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of South Shreveport can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. We start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO of South Shreveport can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water damage, we have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a storm event happens, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most